November 13th is World Kindness Day. While kindness never goes out of style, this day is a good reminder to spread positivity, connect with others, and give love.
WITH US has developed a list of 51 kindness inspirations. Whether it’s a quote, reason, or action that resonates with you, we encourage you to give kindness on World Kindness Day (and beyond).
1. “There is no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” – Scott Adams
2. Send an encouraging email. Let a friend or coworker know that they are doing a great job or that you are thinking about them.
4. Support a local business.
6. Let someone else take the closer parking spot.
7. “Kindness is the the mark we leave on the world.” – Raktivist
9. Pay for someone's coffee, meal, or parking meter and only request for them to pay it forward.
10. Leave a few extra quarters at the laundromat - lighten someone’s load.
11. Share your favorite recipe.
12. “Kindness is giving hope to those who think they are all alone in this world.” – Raktivist
13. Leave a place better than how you found it.
14. Send a handwritten letter or thank you card.
16. Rake your neighbor’s leaves or shovel the snow from their driveway.
17. Make someone laugh by telling them a joke (but make sure it’s not offensive to others).
18. Let that other car merge safely in front of you in traffic.
19. “Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out.” – Frank A. Clark
20. Pick up a piece of trash on the street and throw it away.
21. Bring donuts to work.
23. Take the trash out for your neighbor.
25. “Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change.” – Bob Kerrey
26. Leave a positive comment on a website, blog, or post.
27. Share a photo with a friend.
28. Help someone carry their groceries to their car.
29. “I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university” – Albert Einstein
30. Cook or bake for someone.
32. Donate socks, feminine products, blankets, or clothes to a homeless shelter .
33. Tell someone you care about them.
35. Send someone something that reminds you of them.
36. “Our days are happier when we give people a piece of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.” – Unknown
37. Donate used towels or blankets to an animal shelter.
38. Hold the door open for someone.
39. Leave a generous tip for your server.
41. Encourage someone who might have doubts about their abilities.
42. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
43. Promote things you love and appreciate instead of complaining about things you hate.
44. Reach out to check on someone. Ask them how they are doing.
46. Give someone flowers.
48. Leave a positive review for a business or restaurant that you have visited.
49. Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while.
50. Find out something new about an acquaintance.
51. “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.”– Dalai Lama
We often have no idea about the struggles someone may be facing when we interact with them. That’s why kindness carries such a big message – it lets others know that you are an ally to someone who may need one.